Monday, September 12, 2005

PATHOLOGICAL



1. Relating to or caused by disease.
2. Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive: a pathological liar.


Who among any of us doesn't remember precisely what you were doing the moment you heard about the attack on the WTC on September 11, 2001?

Of all the lies George Bush has told I find his one about what he was doing when the World Trade Center was attacked to be the most compelling.

Below are two transcripts from two different events, one in Orlando Florida and the other in Ontario California, where Bush is asked by members in the audience about what he was doing when he first heard of the attacks on 9/11.

Orlando, Florida at the Orlando Convention Center-12/01/01

QUESTION: One thing, Mr. President, is that you have no idea how much you've done for this country, and another thing is that how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?

BUSH: Well...

(APPLAUSE)

Thank you, Jordan (ph).

Well, Jordan (ph), you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my chief of staff, Andy Card -- actually I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, "There's one terrible pilot." And I said, "It must have been a horrible accident."

But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time to think about it, and I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my chief who was sitting over here walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower. America's under attack."


Town Hall Meeting with Citizens of Ontario
Ontario Convention Center
Ontario, California
1/5/02

Q What was the first thing that went through your head when you heard that a plane crashed into the first building?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes. Well, I was sitting in a schoolhouse in Florida. I had gone down to tell my little brother what to do, and -- just kidding, Jeb. (Laughter.) And -- it's the mother in me. (Laughter.) Anyway, I was in the midst of learning about a reading program that works. I'm a big believer in basic education, and it starts with making sure every child learns to read. And therefore, we need to focus on the science of reading, not what may feel good or sound good when it comes to teaching children to read. (Applause.) I'm just getting a plug in for my reading initiative.

Anyway, I was sitting there, and my Chief of Staff -- well, first of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on. And you know, I thought it was pilot error and I was amazed that anybody could make such a terrible mistake. And something was wrong with the plane, or -- anyway, I'm sitting there, listening to the briefing, and Andy Card came and said, "America is under attack."

Why is George W. Bush a pathological lair? Because there was no live video coverage of the first plane hitting the tower. The video of that first plane hitting the tower was not released until AFTER the second plane had hit.

Bush is a patholgical liar. Why would anyone lie about what they were doing when they first heard of the attacks on 9/11 if they weren't simply, a liar with a "manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive"?


Transcript-Orlando Convention Center Orlando, Florida-12/01/01
Transcript-Ontario Convention Center Ontario, California-1/5/02